The original castle dates back to the 14th century and was rebuilt by the Earl of Macartney in the 18th century in a romantic Gothic style. Unfortunately, this was partially destroyed by an accidental explosion in 1847. However, the adjoining stables and coach house survived and have been converted into wonderful entertaining rooms.
This unique venue is available for weddings, corporate functions, conferences, shows and other private events.
The castle courtyard leads to a hall with access to the two main reception rooms. The Macartney Room is fully furnished and has an open fire and licensed bar; the Dining Room, also with an open fire, can seat approximately 130 people and cam also be used for dancing. These rooms can comfortably accommodate up to 180 people in total.Click To Email Events Manager
The adjacent Concourse building has a much larger reception room which can seat between 200 and 400 people. These is a large dance floor, a comfortable seating area around an open fire and also a bar. The Concourse provides excellent acoustics for conferences and musical events.View Our Brochure
Additional facilities comprise:
- Fully catering kitchens in both the castle and concourse
- Two guest bedrooms in the castle, each with an en-suite bathroom
- Ample parking with easy access for both cars and coaches
- Approved venue for civil weddings
- Sole use of venue
- Venue can be customised
- Private landing areas for helicopters
- Additional nearby accommodation
- Outside activities and sights nearby
- Belfast International Airport within 45 minutes
The landscaped gardens within the ruins are approached through an arch from the castle courtyard. The stunning location provides an exceptional backdrop for photographs with views over the lake and woodlands.